Friday, June 06, 2008

Summertime savings. . .

Today the temperature is forcasted to reach 94 degrees. Ouch. So I'd say summertime is officially here even though the calendar doesn't say so yet.

One of the things I love most about this time of the year is all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are all over the place from roadside stands to the local grocery.

Did you know that depending on what month of the year it is, fruits and vegetables are cheaper in some months verses others? Hey, I'm always on the lookout to save money.

About.com has a great post by month on the best month to buy fruits and veggies. I've copied May's and June's list here and if you want to see every month here is a link to the post. (Click here.)

May

cherries, pineapples, apricots, okra, zucchini, rhubarb, artichokes, asparagus, spring peas, broccoli, lettuce

June

watermelon, strawberries, cantaloupe, cherries, blueberries, peaches, apricots, corn, lettuce


Enjoy Summer. I know I will.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Hey, that's good info!
I am spoiled on fresh garden tomatoes and cannot stand to eat hot house ones from the store in winter.

Becki said...

I had no clue that there was a site that had the fruit/veggie info on it! Pretty cool. Yep, I'd say summer is here with a vengence, and so are the goodies of summer. Ummm...