Friday, June 13, 2008

Do you remember your fist time?

You used your debit card that is.

The learning experience, with me as the teacher and my 15 year old son as the student completed another chapter today. After much grass mowing and a few deposits into his Chase checking account, Chaz road his bike through the ATM lane and made his first cash withdrawal.

Before he left the house, I walked him through what to expect and how the process would work. He said while at the ATM, everything worked just as I had explained to him with one exception.

He said a voice came from the speaker that said, "young man, what are you doing? come over here so I can talk to you." Chaz looked up and the teller working the drive through was motioning to him to come over to the window. I asked Chaz what did you do? He said, "I waived at her, finished my transaction, took the cash from the machine and road off."

I know Chaz was pleased with his first Debit Card transaction. I happy he's learning how to work for his money, that he's only got a finite amount to spend, and the banking system takes a little bit of time before a check turns into available cash.

I wonder what story the teller is taking about to the other bank employees?

No comments: