Saturday, September 30, 2006

Online Bill Pay

As I sit here waiting for the Ohio State game to start, I thought I'd pay a few bills and as I was doing so, I wonder many people take advantage on line bill payment?

I've been baking on line for more than 8 years now and I love it. I just scheduled my credit card payment (yes, I have one credit card used for mostly business purchases. I do not carry a balance on my cc and I never use it for unplanned purchases.) I'm a big Dave Ramsey fan! I digress. Here are some reasons why I bank on line:

  1. I can schedule exactly when the payment will reach the intended party.
  2. No envelopes or stamps ( I love saving money).
  3. My online bill pay is free through my bank.
  4. They keep track of all the payments I've sent. I can pull up a years worth of payment to my gas company to see how much we spend in this category each year.
  5. I love technology and this is a great way to make it work for me.

Putting on my Church Business Administrators hat, I see more and more "bank" checks each year from people in our church using bill pay services. We offered electronic giving for a few years now and that's been great as well.

Time to walk my dog then I'll be all ready for the Bucks! (Ohio State)

No comments: