Sunday, September 17, 2006

Road Trip

I'll be hitting the road Tuesday with our IT manager, Dave Mast. Dave and I are headed to Granger Community Church for a church IT round table. Way Cool!

SFMC is the smallest in weekend attendance numbers that will be present at this event. The largest church is Seacoast at 7,500.

What exactly is a roundtable? I'm glad you asked.

DEFINITION OF A ROUNDTABLE: roundtable is a peer-learning event where the participants are both teachers and learners. A roundtable is:

o Small enough to emphasize interactive learning

o Led by a facilitator and peer

o Includes participants who have an affinity with each other

o Does not include a strong agenda beyond sharing knowledge Roundtable members are selectively invited with less than 25 per group

PURPOSE OF THIS ROUNDTABLE
1. To meet other innovators· Encouragement - "I am not alone." "Here I am understood."· Confidence - "I'm not so crazy after all."· Relationship - Develop on-going friendships

2. To advance the diffusion of innovation in a given topic area· Sharing knowledge, lessons learned, and experiences· Sorting out the big picture. How does it all fit? Where are we= going?· Synergy of new ideas, new perspectives, and new dreams

3. To facilitate collaboration· Explore opportunities for teaming up to accomplish common goals· "Network" - Learn who knows what and who is doing what

I'll update you from Granger. . . . . Pray for Dave & I

Thanks

No comments: