Thursday, September 21, 2006

Back from the IT Round Table

I'm back in the office after Granger Trip. My head is still spinning. It was very fruitful in multiple ways.

Here's a few key items / pointer that resonated with me.
  1. Church's are size and larger have at least one full time IT person. (At this time, our IT Superman is has other responsibilities.
  2. Most church's have laptops that can be checked out. Very few staff members have a laptop assigned to them.
  3. No local adimistration of PC's. (i.e. no installing software unless the IT department installs it.)
  4. No personal inkjet printers.
  5. Help Desk software / Ticketing software is a must. (We are looking into that today.)
  6. Most church's that were running Fellowship One has a back-up ISP.

As always with this kind of thing, the best part about the event was the networking and knowing there are other church IT departments and people who have similar needs and "opportunities".

1 comment:

Jason said...

Todd,

Sorry I missed you at granger. I was there for the ICC the day after you guys left.

I hope everything is still going well in the Creek.