Monday, April 30, 2007

Paint Balling. . . . Ouch

Yesterday after 2nd service here at NewPointe, I when paint balling with my son, his small group, and three other junior high small groups.

My son is really into paint ball. He has claimed all of my hunting cloths and was dressed in full camo for the event. Myself on the other hand, this was my first experience paint balling and I wore a long sleeve T-shirt. (Not my best idea. . .)

How did it go? I have no less than 5 quarter size red welts on my body. The "prize" welt is just below my jaw line on the left side of my face. I was the "cool" dad because this welt also made me bleed. I enjoyed myself and the time my son and I spent together running around the woods trying to "paint" each other.

On a deeper level, it was great seeing the small group leaders taking time with 20+ JH boys doing something the boys love to do. Having another adult Christian male in my son's life is priceless. Thanks Marc for being that person!

No comments: