Thursday, April 19, 2007

Blogs vrs Podcasts

I enjoy writing and reading blogs. I use Google's reader to keep up with a dozen or so blogs. Two or three times a week I'll open up my Google reader and plow through 50 - 100 blog posts. I follow most of the NewPointe bloggers, all of the Fellowship One blogs at 3cords.org and of course multiple financial blogs. My blog reading keeps me in the loop and I pick up some great tips now and then.

I love listening to podcasts. I'm addicted. So much so that my car radio is never on unless my kids are in the car with me. Other than that, I'm using my fm tuner and my mp3 player to play my favorite podcasts. Yes, the podcasts I listen to the most are financial in nature.

The one podcast I can't wait to listen to . . . . .

American Public Media (APM) A Prairie Home Companion's News from Lake Wobegon with Garrison Keilor. You've got to know him to love him.

Here's a list of my top 5 financial podcasts.

  1. APM - Marketplace (Daily; on business and economics)
  2. APM - Marketplace Money (Weekly; on things that effect your wallet.)
  3. Dave Ramsey Show (Daily; Personal finance call in show and home of FPU)
  4. Kiplinger's Personal Finance (Biweekly; Just like their magazine)
  5. NPR: The Color of Money (Weekly; on personal finance)

Check out my top 5 financial podcasts. I really enjoy them and their free.

No comments: