Monday, April 20, 2009

Fraud Alert!

Since my post on my debit card being compromised, I've received two direct emails from people who have had the same exact thing happen to them. A charge from NetFlix and the Collagen Store hit their account. Click here to see my initial post and followup posts.

Today, I took the next step and put a fraud alert on my credit report. If you file a fraud alert on one credit report, the agency your filed the alert with is required to notify the other two reporting agencies.

Tonight, I filed the alert with equifax via their fraud alert web site. www.fraudalerts.equifax.com



Here's what I received in my email inbox this a.m.

Dear TODD,

This email serves as confirmation that your request to add an initial 90 day fraud alert or active duty alert to your Equifax credit file has been completed successfully!

To request your free credit file disclosure copy online please visit http://www.equifax.com/fcra.

You may also request your free disclosure by calling (800) 685-1111.

Equifax will forward your initial 90 day fraud alert or active duty alert information to the other national credit reporting agencies, eliminating the need for you to contact them directly. They should also add an alert to their files. If you do not receive notification from Experian or TransUnion that they have added an alert for you on their credit files, please contact them directly using the following contact information:

TransUnion, PO Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92634: (800) 680-7289
Experian, PO Box 9530, Allen, TX 75013: (800) 379-3742.

No comments: