Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ideas to survive this financial meltdown

What are some things you can do, can think about, should do during this financial meltdown? Here's what I'm doing.

  1. Praying. Thanking God for what I have and that he is in control. This economy has not taken him by surprise.
  2. Think long term with your goals and investing. It wasn't that long ago the the market / your retirement plan was doing great. This economy will turn around. You have to maintain perspective.
  3. It is critical to spend less than you make.
  4. Buildup then maintain an emergency fund. I'm not as comfortable with my current balance in this account as I was a year ago. It's time to increase this fund.
  5. Sell some things in your home that you no longer use. Last week, I sold my 12 gauge.
What things would you add to the list?

1 comment:

Bob's Occasional Musings said...

Thank you for this post and your blog. Just discovered it and am looking forward to following your blog.

I have been avoiding the news lately. Seems its so negative and I think when that's all you hear, it can really depress you. I try to start the day with positive thoughts, prayer, thanks to God for what I do have (as you mentioned).