Thursday, February 05, 2009

I paid cash for our newest car

Ok, technically, it is our family's "newest" car and yes I did pay cash for it. (The second car I've paid cash for by the way.) Being debt free is a wonderful thing.

The real story here is this car is a 2000 Toyota Camry with 186,000 miles on it. The car is for my soon to be 16 year old son. He is very, very excited as any 16 year old would be and Cindy and I are excited for him.

The real story here is I see this car as a blessing from God. The person who sold me the car called me and asked if I was looking for a car for my son. He just put tires on the car and it runs great but it was time for him to replace the car. Then he told me the price. I was almost embarrassed to buy it for so little. (But I did and I thanked God for blessing.)

See the blessing was not only the price of the car but the relationship I had with the seller and the cash I'd saved to "someday" help my son buy is first car.

How much was the car? Lets just say it will cost me more to insure it with liability coverage only in a year than what I paid for the car.

1 comment:

Tina said...

That's a great blessing.
Blessings
T