Saturday, July 19, 2008

Was it time?

The short answer is no. And now the rest of the story. . .

Cindy and I arrived 15 minutes before the doors opened. We had to stand outside in the 90 degree heat with a couple of hundred other bargain hunters waiting and hoping for a good deal. The doors opened promptly at noon and the race was on.

At first it felt like cows moving into a barn to be milked then once everyone was in the warehouse, it felt like chickens running around. What can I say about the animal metaphors, we were in Amish Country.

Anyway, Cindy did spot one couch she liked. Unfortunately by the time we weaved our way though the people and ran over 2 older folks, someone beat us to the couch. The lady was sitting on the couch shooing would be purchasers away and waiving for a sales person to come take her money. I thought to myself, oh well it wasn't the couch for us.

Until the "right" couch comes along, I'll keep saving. Little did I know how much a couch could cost.

2 comments:

Tina said...

bummer on missing out on the couch, but it must not have been meant to be. Anyway, you guys are modeling a good example for the rest of us trying to be financially peaceful
Blessings and hope to see ya in church on Sunday. I'm coming home for a quick visit
T

John Bunn said...

It WAS time for a new dining room table and chairs for us. We found a good deal, paid CASH and I'm sitting at it typing this reply right now.