Thursday, February 01, 2007

My wife has drunk the Kool-Aid

It's no secrete in my family or anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge Financial Peace & Dave Ramsey fan. My wife is much less enthusiastic about Dave but understands and agrees with our financial game plan. Our kids earn their commission but really dislike the name Dave Ramsey. That's another story for another time.

So what does this have to do with drinking Kool-Aid? Great Question. My wife drove into Dover for lunch today. (We each have our own bi-weekly commission) She went to the Wendy's drive-thru and ordered a plain chicken sandwich. When she got up to the window to pay, They told her it would be $3.39 for a plain chicken sandwich. My wife hesitated and then asked if she could cancel the order. The drive thru attendant said no one had ever cancelled an order at the payment window and then reluctantly agreed. My wife said thanks and then drove over to the golden arches and ordered a chicken sandwich off the value menu $0.99. Way to go baby!

She told me this story as soon as she returned to work. She said she could see me saying, "You paid how much for a plain chicken sandwich?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The next step is to get her to realize that a few slices of deli chicken with low fat cheese is even less expensive, saves a trip to the fast food place and a much better nutritional choice too!

Anonymous said...

Great story!

What is a commission? An allowance?

Anonymous said...

She must be a wonderful wife! You're lucky to have such a person go along with your financial decisions and goals.

John Bunn said...

Yeah...but how much did she pay for that Kool Aid?