Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Saving your Excel spreadsheets as a PDF for "Free"

This is a more technical post from me than normal. But I'm so keyed about this I want to share it. I use Microsoft Excel everyday and I often share or "publish" my results with others. A lot of times all the end user needs to see is the summary spreadsheet or a graph that I have put together for them. They don't need or want all the rows and columns of data.

Today, I came across this tip. For the first time ever, Excel 2007 enables you to save your workbook files directly in a PDF format. All you have to do is download and install the "Excel Microsoft Save as PDF" Add-in program for the Microsoft Web site.

Once installed just click on the "Save as" option and pick pdf. Way cool and a great tool for those who use Excel a lot and want to share and protect their reports.

1 comment:

Jason said...

very cool. it's about time microsoft catches up with open office.