Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Fasting

I'm sharing something very personal here today. I'm doing so because after just finishing a fast, I believe it's something all Christ followers should do.

For some time now, I have sensed God wanting to deal with me regarding certain areas of my life. (God's good like that.) I knew this would be painful and I wanted to be "all in" and to be focused like a laser on God during this process.

In cooperating with God on this, I did a three day fast. The fast, along with many quiet times in prayer and reflection was life changing. I really focused on God and He did a work in my heart. I'm in awe at how I'm feeling right now. I wish I could stay here.

If you want to experience a breakthrough and let God do a work in your heart, consider fasting. It will rock your world.

1 comment:

Tina said...

thanks for sharing this. I've never been successful at fasting more than a day or two. I think my focus or motive wasn't correct. This has been on my heart recently to do this.