Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Road Trip Day 1

My day started very early. Up at 4:30 a.m. to take my son Chaz to school. Why so early? He and 165 of this closest classmates were off to Washington D.C. for his 8th grade trip. I hope they have a great time.

I went back home, caught and hour of sleep then headed for the airport. My first flight was delayed an hour (Akron to Atlanta) which meant I missed my connecting flight and had to reschedule. (Atlanta to Dallas) The rescheduled flight put me on the ground and in my rental car right in the middle of rush hour. To add to my adventure their was much construction on Texas 121 N and the road I needed to turn left on wasn't accessible. (I took me over an hour to travel some 18 miles.

Anyway. I'm in my hotel room after a wonderful dinner with Mark Lindsley and his wife. Not only did they treat me to some great Texas barbecue they also drove me around and showed me the sights. Thanks guys.

Oh ya, I almost forgot to tell you why I'm in Texas. I'm here for the first every Fellowship One End Users Conference. My hope is to learn and connect. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: