Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day 1 of the Dynamic Church 07 Conference in the books

It's 10 p.m. Texas time and I'm just getting settled back in my hotel room. Day one of the Dynamic Church conference in the books. It was a great day on a number of levels.

1. I met and spent time with lots of new people.

Joe from Anchorage Alaska - Database manager
Dave Moore - my counter part at Granger Community Church
Susan Griffiths - Senior Manager of Operations Mariners Church Irvine Ca
Karen & Cory Estanbrok - Grace Brethren Church Columbus Ohio

2. I was filmed during one of the breaks and found myself in a video that opened for Fellowship Tech's CEO Jeff Hook. That was cool.

3. Hands on training for the Volunteer Pipeline.

4. 2 Breakout sessions.
Best practices for contributions processing (Look out Anita I'm bringing back some ideas)
Best giving reports.

5. A few key points from Jeff Hook's keynote talk.
a) You cannot improve what's not measured.
b) When someone hits your website do you consider them a 1st time visitor?
c) You have to measure what you value.
d) Maximize the Change in peoples lives.

I look forward to tomorrow toward more learning and connecting to more people.

No comments: