Tuesday, May 08, 2007

DVR

I'm not much on TV. I'd rather be doing something, anything other than sitting down in front of the TV searching for something interesting to watch. That is until yesterday. I'm always on the lookout for a "BBD" Bigger Better Deal. I found on from our cable company.

I switched from Dish Network and Verizon to Time Warner Cable. I now have my TV, Internet, and Phone service all through my cable at lower $$.

With my new cable service came a DVR. This is an amazing piece of technology.

With the DVR I'm able to:
  1. Pause live TV.
  2. Find a show I like and record the entire series.
  3. Recored multiple shows at one time.
  4. Store up to 46 hours of shows.
  5. Fast forward through commercials in about 3 seconds.
So now when I sit down for 30 to 60 minutes in front of the tv, I'll be able to watch something I'm interested in vrs searching for something to watch. (Last night I set the DVR to record Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) and King of Queens the entire series.)

I'm really looking forward to recording anything and everything bicycle racing.

No comments: