Friday, May 11, 2007

Graduation

Last night was our final Financial Peace University class for this go around. I'm always grateful and humbled by taking part in FPU.

Here are four cool stats from this class.

  1. 45 Graduates of the class (This was our largest class thus far.)
  2. $5,400,000 in credit card debt offered to the class
  3. 50 credit cards cut up in class. (Wow!)
  4. Story after Story after Story of life change.
Here's a story that was shared with me last night.

A lady in our class was at a local retailer when she went to pay for her item, she reached into her purse and pulled out an envelope. FPU shows you how to use the envelope system to pay cash for certain items. The woman working the register as "what's with the envelope?" Our class attendee said, "Oh, I'm taking this financial class at my church. I'm trying to get out of credit card debt and the envelope system is something I'm implementing to help me do that."

The lady working the register almost started crying. She confided in our class attendee that this was her second job and she needed financial help."

I'm so proud of our class attendee. At this point she began sharing what FPU had done for her and recommended NewPointe in the fall as that's our next round of classes. Way cool!

How about you? Are you ready to "Change your family tree?" (Financially speaking?) FPU will change your life.

2 comments:

John Bunn said...

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Ellen said...

That brought tears to my eyes; what a wonderful story.