Sunday, November 05, 2006

Speed Stacking with my Daughter

Tonight my daughter Katie and I spend some quality time together. She "helped" me work the sound board at church tonight during our Small Group Leaders event - EQUIP. I love small group. That's a story for another time.

I love the one-on-one time with my kids in the car. It's a time of great conversation and Q & A. Tonight also included a happy meal on the way home. (For Katie not me.) The only thing I enjoy at the golden arches is their coffee.

During the ride home, my daughter asked me if she could teach me speed stacking. I said sure but first you'll have to show me what that is.

Speed stacking is where you take 12 plastic cups and build pyramids with them. The more complex the pyramid the better and of course it must be done fast. I came to find out my daughter is her class champion. I soon found out why. She was flying with different combinations of stacks.

Then it was my turn. Let's just say we needed safety glasses because there were cups flying everywhere. I guess my hand eye coordination isn't what it use to be. Katie and I had great laughs. I'll have to stick to stacks of three cups for now. It will take me some time to get to the 12 cup stack. Chess anyone?

No comments: