Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cool to have voted today

I left the house at 6:25 a.m. today. I'm an early bird. Headed the 1/2 a mile down the road to go vote. I was the third person there. After a quick show of my drivers licenses and my signature, I was handed a credit card looking thing and pointed in the direction of a laptop looking device.

It was way cool. I put the card in the slot and instruction on how to proceed came up in less than 5 seconds. I was off and voting. Being a self proclaimed techie, I loved it. The touch screen was great and there was no doubt as I was voting as to checking the right box.

After I went through all my selections, there was a review screen that allowed me to check my selections and make any corrections. Then I pressed the button "cast my ballot"

The credit card looking thing popped out of the machine and I return that to the poll worker. My only disappointment is I didn't get one of those "I voted today stickers" as I left.

I'm happy to see voting has finally embraced technology. I'll really be happy when we are able to vote from home via the internet. Will that ever happen? Who knows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is quite advanced compared to filling out the "scan-tron" sheet here in IN! But don't feel slighted, we didn't get stickers either.
Susan