Monday, October 16, 2006

Unreal shopping experience

Yesterday, my wife did some cloths shopping at the mall. (mall's that's another blog for another time.) Because of how we allocate our paychecks, we tell every dollar where to go, and we had a specific amount budgeted for cloths this pay.

When my wife checked out at the register, she used the balance of what we had allocated for cloths and put that amount on our debit card and she paid for the balance in cash from her biweekly commission. (Again another blog topic at another time.) The sales clerk must have thought my wife was trying to hide the purchase from me. The clerk suggested three ways my wife could keep me from knowing what she purchased. (I'm not making his up.)

1. Put her new purchase on under her current cloths so when my wife comes in the house, I wouldn't see her purchase.
2. Put the cloths in the trunk of the car and wait for me to leave then bring the cloths in the house.
3. Dispose of the department store bag before she got home and maybe I wouldn't notice.

I find it unbelievable that one someone would suggest things like this and two that people would even think like this. Another reason why we must tell our money where to go or it will leave on its own. Thanks Dave Ramsey!

No comments: