Monday, January 08, 2007

Financial Evaluation Time

Greeting on the eve of the Ohio State National Championship game. As I'm waiting for pregame to start, I decided to do some personal financial reflection of the year just ended.

For many years now, I've tracked in a spreadsheet my net worth from year to year. How do you figure your net worth? Add up the value of the things you own (Cash, Savings, Emergency fund, Retirement, house) Less what you owe on these things. The difference between the two amounts is your net worth.

I know saving money is hard. I recently found my 13 year old gets his braces in March and my daughter is close behind. I'm getting off subject here.

Tracking your net worth allows you to see progress from year-to-year. You will be surprised how fast your net worth will grow when you start to track it. Your purchasing decisions will be affected and your goals may change.

Tracking my net worth was a key factor in starting the savings process for our kids college fund a few years back.

Every little bit helps. Remember, small amounts saved on a regular basis over time adds up to big number!

Go Bucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

....purchasing decisions will be AFFECTED....