Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Phoneless Phone Booth?

As we get ever so closer to moving into our new church, the detailed decision making is becoming greater and greater. One such detail was posed to me a few days ago. Are we going to have pay phones? At first I was thinking, almost everyone these days has access to a cell phone so why do we need pay phones? Today I came across an article on cnnmoney.com talking about empty phone booths. It's a cool idea. You see its a booth were people can go into to have a private conversation on their cell phone. I'm thinking this would be a great idea in our youth area. Not many teens want to tell their parents "I love you mom" when their talking on their cell phone standing around their buddies. As with most ideas, there's a cost involved. The article says between $2,500 - $3,000. That's not in the new building budget. Guess well have to leave the phone booth at the door.

No comments: