Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big savings on a cell phone battery

Yesterday, I took my 13 year old daughter to the Alltel store to have her contacts transferred from her broken phone to her new used phone. We paid $20 for her new used phone. Thanks Anita!

While at the Alltel store, we discovered that her new phone needed a new battery. Alltel was happy to sell me one. The price $65.99. Ouch. I politely said thanks and we'd have to think about it.

I went home and logged into Ebay. It's a fantastic source for batteries. I purchased the same exact battery for $2.79 including free shipping. This is a 96% savings. I'm all for Alltel making a profit on replacement batteries but this big of a difference in price is a bit much.

The lesson learned, it's worth shopping around verses impulse buying even on small items like a cell phone batteries.

2 comments:

BikeDr4u@aol.com said...

I did the same thing by going to cellphoneshop.com. They have brand name replacement batteries, charger cords, all kinds of accessories and usuually they have free shipping specials.

Mark said...

I love eBay... errr... OK love is a little strong. I really like eBay. You can save a lot by shopping there and other places online instead of like you said the impluse buying. I think a 96% savings is worth the wait on the shipping!