Saturday, March 11, 2006

HR.com

I came across a web site this week that I found very useful for a number of reasons. HR.com I registered as a guest which gave me limited access to the site. I was able to participate in a webinar with my guest membership. It was on Leadership. As John Maxwell says quite often, everything rises and falls on leadership and I agree with that.

One of the most interesting items discussed during this webinar was the concept of a leadership tent (Think of an old tent not the modern ones of today). The speaker showed there were five poles that hold up the tent.
  1. The center pole (the largest of the five) This represented character
  2. The left front pole - Focus on results
  3. The left rear pole - Personal capability
  4. The right rear pole - Leading change
  5. The right front pole - Interpersonal skills

I found this to be a concise and easy to remember framework for a good leadership model. I hope you will as well.

No comments: